Sunday, June 6, 2021

Another Orky Dorky Tank

 


Another dorky dorky little tank courtesy of JeremyM and his 3D printer.  I've had fun painting these models up, they make a great break from my more regimented historical pieces.  A chance for the brain to go oh WTF what ever feel right.  

I used the same Maserati red livery as the previous model with heavy handed washes for weathering and plenty of steampunk bronze thrown about for good measure. I gave this tank a Flash Gordon/Duck Dodgers style ray gun and attempted to do the beam in cobalt blue along th barrel, but it wasn't a great success.

Plenty of detail here, but fortunately no one can play rivet counter with a fantasy tank.


After a number of years, I thought that I'd jump on the Skullz bandwagon (a sure sign that Skullz are in danger of becoming passe) and add a couple here.  I've free handed a Ramones pin head skull either side in memories of my youth.  In 1978 or 79 I friend and I had tickets to see the Ramones at the Hammersith Odeon, only to have the show canceled due to illness in the band.  This was perhaps the biggest disappointment of my teenage years that didn't involve girls.   



This gives me another bit of armour to clank across the battlefield before blowing up in a spectacular epic fail, another 20 points on the roster and an initial 2 pips on the Skullometer.

No comments:

Post a Comment