Thursday, June 10, 2021

AHPC Jacobite Cavalry in 10mm

Still going through my backlog of AHPC entries

 

The second post from me today and another unit from the Campaign in Ireland 1688-1691.  This is Sutherland's Regiment of Horse from the Jacobite side.  Jacobite Horse were aggressively handled and gave good account of themselves during this war.



These are Pendraken figures is 10mm and they are very nice indeed.  I love the movement in the poses, which are the sculpts as used in the Warfare 28mm range just downsized. I'm planning on using Beneath the Lily Banners from the League of Augsburg with these two bases representing a squadron sized unit.  In BLB it would be 2-3 28mm figures per base and I've gone with 5 10mm figures using the same bases.


Uniforms were less regimented in this early ear so both sides fielded foot and horse in both red and grey coats.  I've done the unit tables in a pale green for the Jacobite side which looks yellow in my light box. There was to be flag on the pole in the back rank, but that's lost in the pile of my basement carpet so a replacement will be added later.


I need to go over the officer's face with a drybrush as the wash took too heavily and he looks like a Nazgul!

I also need to work on my basing  at this smaller scale but overall I'm pleased with the results.

That's 20 cavalry in 10mm @ 2 points = 20 points for the unit.


No comments:

Post a Comment