Wednesday, January 1, 2020

TTCombat Italian House


The annual madness that is the Painting Challenge is up and running.  First post for me is a BUA for my Italian Wars project in 28mm.  This piece is from TTCombat and I picked it up at Meeplemart during a trip to Toronto the Centre of the Universe last fall.  




This was my first kit from TTC and I was quite pleased with it.  TTC uses a heavy pdf than Sarissa or Warbases and it required a bit of work with the Xacto to trim the pieces from the frame and to make sure than Tab A fit in Slot B securely.  As such there are some gaps on this first effort that hopefully will be rectified on further efforts.  Paint work is very basic, I left the pdf and greyboard unprimed and used washes in various earth tones.




As can be seen TTC provide some interior details but I chose not to paint the interiors.  I glued the two floors together but left the roof as lift off, but the upper story could be left in lift off state as well.  This would be useful in skirmish gaming.




This kit (plus two other on the workbench) come from TTC' Streets of Venice range which is worth checking out.  The structures would be useful for many historical periods plus fantasy gaming.  Although labelled for Venice I think it will do for any Italian locale.  I was quite pleased when I showed this to my wife (who unlike me has been to Tuscany) who said it looked like Sienna.  



Points wise the building is 6" tall, 6"long and 3" wide.  That's a perfect demi-cube and an easy to calculate 10 points. 


4 comments:

  1. Very handsome building! You must make a trip to Siena. Beautiful city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Jonathan. Tuscany is definitely on my travel bucket list.

      Delete
  2. What a splendid kit and nicely painted Peter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Michael. I’m quite pleased with it.

      Delete