Sunday, June 1, 2014

Neu Kakstadt Finale

My AMX13 takes aim at Tim's forces.  Unfortuneatley it couldn't hit the broadside of a PT76 door.

In our previous episode, the East German hordes had debased from their BMPs and advanced on our Brave French lads (ok garçons).   Let's see how things unfold from the French end of things.  The PRAVDA side of events can be seen at Tim Gow's Ministry of MisInformation.





The DDR approach.  The AMX13 has advanced to support the infantry in the village on the right.

AM directs traffic. Note that his infantry has outpaced his own smoke screen.


Don't turn around, the Kommissar's in town.  Tim Gow takes over and tries his hand at mortar fire.


Tim deploys to attack the village.


Before departing AM lets rip with direct fire.  Yes we dropped darts onto targets and yes it works!
   
 
It's looking dire for the Frenchies.


A VCI takes a Sagger up the Jacksie.   Note to self - outrunning missiles doesn't work!

 
The village falls, the AMX13 burns and the French get ready to scram.

The old Sagger ATGW in the BRDM trick!
 
 


5 comments:

  1. An excellent report sir! I particularly enjoyed the view from the AMX-13's turret. I felt that this game went particularly well and has really helped with the development pf the Little Cold Wars rules. I just hope it was worth flying the Atlantic for.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim
      The game and the rules were great! The rules were fun, simple to learn, idiot proof (I was happy to provide the idiot for testing) and gave a reasonable result. Plus everything looks great on the table. Nay sayers can quibble to which I say PFFFFFFFFT!!! Anyway no one knows how this stuff would have worked. Plus we get to play toy soldiers with Army Men - where's the problem?

      Cheers
      PD

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the rules in action. Now where am I going to get some darts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I love the dart throwing especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike
      Throwing darts is frowned upon. Violaters will be publicly ridiculed and cut off at the bar. We dropped darts at arm's length and shoulder height. I haven't worked out the implications on one's own size on the formula but I stand 6 feet even, Tim's got a few inches on me and AM is about half a head shy of me. I seemed particularly inept but the other two did alright.
      Cheers
      PD

      Delete