Wednesday, August 31, 2022

TtS Late Romans vs Scots-Irish AAR Intro The Set Up

 Last week we got my Barbarian Conspiracy Armies c367 CE on table for a battle using To The Strongest.

Curt hosted at the Clubhouse but it was my toys in use.  The Romans and some of the Irish darted from the most recent Painting Challenge, but more from a spurt of painting in late June when my wife was away and the temperatures were above 30C.  The rest of the Scots Irish were rebased from a WAB Viking Age project dating back 15 years ago.


I field two armies of equal points for a simple head to head as it was our first time with the rules, although we'd played the ECW development For King and Parliament several times.   Curt and I had a series of texts the day before that went like this.

  • If you have a rough sketch of your battlefield I can prep the table.
  • How's this
  • Sketched in less than 5 minutes over lunch.


  • That’s a good example of ‘rough’. 😊
  • Here's what he did with it



A skilled digital archivist can extract valuable info from the worst digital crap.






























I assigned Stacy (or resident Mediterranean) as the Romans and Curt and Jeremy took the northern barbarians.



Barbarians at the gates


Stacy points to squirrels in the woods while I check rules.





4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No I just forgot I had to be somewhere! I’ve updated the title the way it should have been

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to the AAR and a closer look at the troops, good to see you wandering around and exhibiting no harmful after effects from your recent hospital trip!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, not dead yet! And should have the AAR up in a day or so.

      Delete