Friday, November 23, 2012

Not Dead ...

I realized today that my last post was 11 days ago.  So in case anyone is watching I am not dead, in fact I am suffering from a bit too much real life these days to blog!  End of term is on me fast (I had 130 first years stats midterms to mark).

However, last week I went over to Curt's for an intro game of Bolt Action, which I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed.  The mechanisms were quick to learn and it had a good feel.  I like the draw the die from the cup method a lot - I've used a similar mechanisms in various generations of MacDuff and it's ancestors.  I had 3 squads of German paras plus an MG and an armoured car (visions of Lt. Gruber of courses) and we kicked two squads of Brits (plus an MG) out of an Italian town.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Peter,

    Welcome back to (un)reality! Bolt Action is a very slick set of rules indeed and the club uses them a lot. I have a copy and have some cunning ideas for using them going forward.

    All the best and regards to Lt. Gruber's 'little tank'!

    DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DC
      Bolt Action was easy to pick up, gave me simple choices and encouraged realistic tactics. What wasn't there to like. I think that they could be retrofitted to other periods too. They are now on my Xmas list.

      Cheers
      PD

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Afloat, yes. And more shovelling than bailing at this point as we've had several snowfalls. The last one put a foot of snow over an inch of glare ice - driving has been fun. I am glad for both the Subaru and it's winter tires.

      Cheers
      PD

      Delete
    2. Ah yes - nearly time to put the winter tyres back on my Saab.

      Delete
  3. In oher news, I have nominated you for an award: http://megablitzandmore.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete