Friday, June 11, 2021

AHPC Adventuress' Landing

Adventurer's Landing and the Blurb references boats but I'm pushing the boundaries on both fronts.  This is a Bad Squiddo figure of a member of the Air Transport Auxiliary (ATA), female pilots who performed ferry duties bringing warbirds from factory to airfield, who's just come in for a landing.


As with all of the Bad Squiddo Women of WW2 figures its a terrific sculpt and painted up very nicely, even for someone like me with limited knowledge of WW2 flight gear.  The pose is taken from a wartime photo of the famous aviator  Maureen Dunlop.



I did a bit of research on the ATA, and it turns out that one of their bases was in Hamble-le-Rice Hampshire which is very close to my dad's place.  Dad passed away of COVID in the fall but we plan on seeing the family this summer (travel restrictions flowing) and the short ferry ride across the Hamble to the memorial will be on my to do list.








The ATA is a great story- see the links above or watch the Midsomer episode.  I make the points tally 5 for the flyer and 20 for the Chamber.


2 comments: