Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Still Not Dead Yet - But Warming Up for the CHALLENGE


Not a lot of painting of gaming recently, if fact just about diddly squat on both counts.  However, that will change once end of semester and Christmas pass.  It's been a very busy fall for me - added responsibilities at Uni with the Retirement of a colleague and a daughter moving back in province for grad school and needing set up in her new place - a 2.5 hour drive away.  Plus  braining myself and getting stitches in my scalp didn't exactly help.

I have signed up for this year's Painting Challenge, now in it's 9th incarnation and I can't remember how many times I've signed up for this thing but long enough that I get on the preferred service queue to lock in my spot on the roster before Curt let's the general public sign up.

Again this year it will be almost all SYW affair for me - French troops plus a few Ango-Allied.  I've also got some terrain to throw into the mix. A low target of 500 points (that's about 100 28mm infantry or 50 28mm cavalry).   I've also entered a Side Duel for 17-19th century painting, let's see how badly I get my clocked cleaned on that one.

There has been some painting progress as I crawl along at glacial speed to finish up a battalion of Hessians.  Teaser photos below, they are almost done except for finishing bases, boot clean up after basing and adding flags.



10 comments:

  1. Good looking figures! I too know that glacial hobby pace due to interference from real life. Here's to a relaxed Christmas period and a bit more time for fun. Merry Christmas!

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a Merry Christmas to you, the Duchess and the young master Stokes. Boxing Day is my traditional day to pick up brushes and start work for the Challenge. I may get these guys finished off at the same time.
    Cheers
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let’s hope real life angst subsided.. look forward to your efforts. Join in the chats sometime perhaps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s not so bad Dave. On last set of papers to mark and the house is nearly ready for incoming mother-in-law and daughter. Have you started the chats yet? I haven’t seen any notice of them.
      Cheers, Peter

      Delete
  4. Nice looking Hessians! Lots of prep this end,far more than I'll be able to paint in three months! I think it'll be the day after boxing Day before I can get a brush out, best of luck with your duel!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain. Way better to have too many prepped than too few!

      Delete
  5. Great figures and painting Peter.
    Merry xmas
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Hessians. Painting and gaming are usually low on the list during December, with painting picking up in January. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    Peter

    ReplyDelete