Saturday, September 23, 2017

We Are Not Worthy - Gaze On in Wonder


There are certain wargamer blogs that do this that leave me speechless, and one is Stuart Milligan's Army Royal.  Stuart has been working on Henry VIII's campaign in Northern France in 1513.  He uses many of the same figures as I use for my Italian Wars figures but painted, converted and sculpted to an extremely high level.

The link leads to a recent battle report using Stuart's collection, Simon's collection from Je Lay Empires, the Perrys and other major league painters.  Just go and get lost for a while.

5 comments:

  1. Stuart's blog is truly a work of art. It is both inspirational and aspirational. My problem is that I cannot hope to aspire to his level of competence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be intimidating, as well as inspiring. I do like that there are a few gamers that do the research and share their findings with the rest of us.

      Delete
    2. Indeed! I learn a lot about the Great Italian Wars with every posting from Stuart and Oli.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful stuff! Calls to mind the very best of Peter Gilder's medieval set ups from way back in Miniature Wargames and Wargames Illustrated.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete